Common Reasons that Indicate That Your Injection Pump is failing
Jul 4th 2021
The performance of a fuel injector pump is related to the performance of the engine. But believe it, or not fuel injection problems are the trickiest issue to deal with because it affects the engine performance.
Some people’s car has a fuel supply issues, and this problem will automatically make your engine starve to death.
But before anything, first, we need to know that what a diesel fuel injection pump is?
A diesel fuel injection pump is a mechanical device that pumps diesel into the automotive internal combustion chamber of the engine. It also helps to maintain the rhythm so that the engine runs smoothly for many years.
The major work of this injector pump is to feed fuel to the engine by compressing the fuel to high pressure, where it is gifted to the plunger and then sent to the injectors. It also adjusts fuel quantity with engine speed so that the outcome and fuel dissipation will change. Besides, it also atomizes the fuel to improve the ignition, which results in full combustion.
Failures of GM Duramax Injection Pumps:
- Use of Dirty Fuel: One of the most common reasons that cause the failure of fuel injector pumps is when people use subpar and dirty fuel. Junk and grease can build up inside the fuel system over time which leads to clogging up the entire fuel injector pump. If your engine is causing problems during acceleration, it is a clear sign of clogging of the injector pump.
- Driving on Almost Empty Fuel: Never drive your vehicle on an almost empty fuel tank because it can create a lot of problems for your diesel engine. Always make a habit of keeping a third of the tank full at all times because it provides lubrication to the injection pumps. When the tank runs empty, air will enter the tank and leads to wear out all the bearings quickly.
- Deposits in the Injector Pump: Due to excessive buildups of deposits such as dirt, debris, and pollutants in the GM duramax injectors, the pumps fail to work. There are basically two types of deposits:
- Internal injector deposits
- External injector deposits
For maintaining a healthy engine, an excellent fuel injection pump is necessary. If you want to buy GM Duramax oil coolers with pedestals at an affordable rate, then you can hop on to Big Dawg Diesel. They will provide you the best thing at an affordable rate. Besides, you can also clear all your queries about injection pumps and other parts from the experts. So no more looking to anywhere else when Big Dawg Diesel is here for you.