2003-2007 FORD 6.0L POWER STROKE HIGH QUALITY AFTERMARKET CYLINDER HEAD STUD 250-4202A
2003-2010 Ford 6.0L Powerstroke Diesel VT365 Cylinder Head Studs
Fits all 2003-2010 6.0L Powerstroke Diesel Engines
Note : Tested at 220,000 PSI Tensile Strength
Installation Method for Head Stud Kit
Part Number - 250-4202 Application - Ford 6.0L Power Stroke
1. Clean and inspect all hardware prior to installation. Look for obvious defects or shipping damages, plus proper fit, length and dimension.
2. To ensure proper thread engagement and accurate torque readings, clean ALL threads in the block. Chase if necessary with a Thread Chaser
3. If the cylinder head studs protrude into a water jacket, lubricate the block threads of the studs with a thread sealant. This will protect against rust, leaks and loosening from vibration.
4. Screw studs into the block “Hand tight ONLY!!” – Note: Loctite may be used IF a PERMANENT MOUNTING of the studs is preferred. The FASTENERS, however, must be torqued PROIR to the Loctite setting up
5. Install the cylinder head(s) and check for binding or misalignment.
6. Lubricate the stud threads, nuts and washers with high-quality lubricant such as ARP Ultra-Torque Fastener Assembly Lubricant. Do NOT use motor oil as a lubricant!! This is due to higher friction on the studs as well as inconsistencies in the clamping force of the fasteners when motor oil or low quality lubricants are used.
Preload (Torque) Recommendations
M14 studs (1-10) 210 ft. lbs. OEM Bolts (11-15) 23 ft. lbs.
**California Proposition 65 Warning: Diesel engine exhaust and some of its constituents are known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and other reproductive harm.