1994-2003 FORD 7.3L POWER STROKE HIGH QUALITY AFTERMARKET CYLINDER HEAD STUD KIT 250-4201A
Kit - 250-4201A
If you want to grab great quality head studs and you want to save a little bit of $$$, Big Dawg Diesel has got you covered!! These head studs are rated at 220,000 psi tensile strength to cylinder heads from lifting due to high combustion pressure and provide maximum durability for your Ford 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel trucks.
Installation Method for Head Stud Kit
Part Number - 250-4201A Application - Ford 7.3l Power Stroke Diesel
1. Clean and inspect all hardware prior to installation. Look for obvious defects or shipping damages, plus proper fit, length and dimension.
2. To ensure proper thread engagement and accurate torque readings, clean ALL threads in the block. Use a thread chaser or thread cleaning tap for M12 X 1.75
3. If the cylinder head studs protrude into a water jacket, lubricate the block threads of the studs with a thread sealant. This will protect against rust, leaks and loosening from vibration.
4. Screw studs into the block “Hand tight ONLY!!”. Note: the 6.625 in. ( short) studs in this kit install along the intake manifold side of the cylinder head under the fuel injectors in the No. 4, 5, 12, and 13th position of the factory torque sequence. Note: Loctite may be used IF a PERMANENT MOUNTING of the studs is preferred. The FASTENERS, however, must be torqued PROIR to the Loctite setting up
5. Install the cylinder head(s) and check for binding or misalignment.
6. Lubricate the stud threads, nuts and washers with high-quality lubricant such as ARP Ultra-Torque Fastener Assembly Lubricant. Do NOT use motor oil as a lubricant!! This is due to higher friction on the studs as well as inconsistencies in the clamping force of the fasteners when motor oil or low quality lubricants are used.
Preload (Torque) Recommendations
**California Proposition 65 Warning: Diesel engine exhaust and some of its constituents are known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and other reproductive harm.